Domicile Consulting are home energy audit experts. Through our comprehensive energy auditing and detailed action plans, we help many homeowners in Chicago reduce their home’s energy consumption by 20-40% or more, as well as reduce air leakage by 25-35%. The result is:
- Increased comfort
- Lower utility bills
- Longer lasting mechanical equipment and building components
- Reduced carbon footprint and lower greenhouse gas emissions
- Improved indoor air quality and health
In addition, we will work with you every step of the way to utilize tax incentives and energy efficient financing to maximize your improvement dollars.
Our Energy Audit Process
Domicile Consulting is certified by both the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) and the Building Performance Institute (BPI) and we are members of the U.S. Green Building Council. Together these organizations represent the nation’s leading building energy efficiency authorities, whose standards are recognized by the U.S. government for the Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR program, the Department of Energy’s Building America program and for federal tax credits, among other programs. In addition, we are certified in Residential Air Balancing by the National Balancing Institute and are Level I Certified in Thermography by Snell Infrared, the nation’s leading thermal imaging educator.
We use these organizations’ nationally recognized standards and best practices as a measure to conduct our comprehensive audit of your home using the latest in cutting-edge technology. As part of the process, we will:
- Interview you to understand both your concerns and how you use your space
- Performance-test your equipment including advanced testing of your forced air system to determine its actual efficiency vs. what it’s rated by the manufacturer
- Conduct a complete thermal imaging scan of the inside and outside of the home, from the roof to the cellar floor and everything in between
- Prepare a thorough action plan to solve your home’s energy problems and, if desired, refer you to a qualified energy efficiency contractor to complete the work
- Because Domicile does not perform any repair work, nor do we have any affiliation with businesses we refer, you can count on us for an honest, objective and accurate energy audit and recommended next-steps.